Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Objectified.

After finishing the documentary I found a lot of things interesting and that seemed to stand out to me. For instance when they showed the first prototype of the laptop I was surprised how they put so much detail into the physical aspect such as if a pen got stuck in the crack what would they do? So it was interesting to see that even though it was the first laptop the makers were still thinking of different ideas to put into the laptop to make it more sufficient for its users. 
Another interesting thing I saw was how much time and effort the designers go through to look over a product and examine everything about the current product they are trying to "upgrade". For example in one of the scenes it showed all the different types of toothbrushes sitting on the table. 
Last thing I saw that intrigued me was how simple things like a vacuum are being made so that they are capable of being on display because of how good they look. It's interesting to see the advancement from just a regular vacuum to being able to have it sit on  your counter like it's there on display.  
Overall I thought the documentary was very interesting and I loved how they showed all the different aspects from different people around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment