Monday, November 1, 2010

Thir13en Ghosts and Apocalyptic discussion.

Over this weekend I watched Thirteen Ghosts which is basically about a family that inherits a house after the father's uncle dies. The family drives out to the house and find it to me a very interesting house with glass as the walls. They meet the lawyer and another man who says he was taking care of the houses plumbing. Once they get into the house the plumber ventures downstairs and sees all of the ghosts that are hidden inside the basement. He starts panicking and explains to the family and the lawyer that everyone must leave because the house is filled with ghosts. Instead of listening the lawyer and family end up staying. The lawyer goes downstairs into the basement to take a suitcase filled with money and plans on leaving. In reality the suitcase is the one thing that was holding the ghosts in the basement. So once the briefcase was taken off the ghosts were released. After battling through many ghosts their comes a woman who explains to the family that she is there to help and that the only way to release the ghosts is if the father sacrifices himself. So in the end the ghosts all come together in this one room but in the end the father doesn't need to sacrifice himself but the dead Uncle is being attacked by the ghosts for keeping them locked in the basement. In the end the house is destroyed by some mechanical problem in the house so all the ghosts are finally released. The movie overall was pretty good. I don't really do well with scary movies but this one seemed to be something that I could handle. It had good effects and the plot line flowed together very well. I would definitely recommend it to others to watch.
13ghosts_zodiac.jpg


In the future if I was to live my life in an apocalypse I could see the world being deserted and really nothing left but sand and broken down buildings. I see it as where people roam the streets just to find a little to eat. It seems to me that this apocalyptic world would be a scary place to live in because there would be no structure or rules. So basically people can do whatever they please and it seems that people would steal, kill and do whatever they need to do to survive. There would definitely be a lot of people wandering around with nothing left. The buildings would be rotting and cars wouldn't be able to work. There wouldn't be jobs or any type of way to get money rather than people stealing from each other.  I feel as though some parts of the world would be less affected than others. I feel as if people could take this apocalyptic turn any way whether it be good or bad. Some people could take it as an opportunity to start over and work toward rebuilding while others could take it badly.
Comparing my apocalyptic world with Philip K. Dick's is that his world has a lot of technology involved while mine seems to have none at all. Dick has a comparison with me that it seems to be deserted, but overall we seem to have different views. My world does not have any robots or robot animals. Nor do I have machines, etc. Plus people in Dick's book seem to be sticking to the rules of the government. They still have a police force, etc. It seems to me that his world has some structure while mine seems to have none at all. 

After watching the scene where Rachael and Deckard first meet I could see that the lighting affected a lot. The lighting was very dark and had hints of light coming in every now and then. It gave off a mysterious vibe to it. The dialogue wasn't very casual and didn't seem like first conversation you would have with someone. For example they talked a lot about deep things such as whether or not Deckard killed a human by mistake. The costuming was very professional. Rachael was seen in a long pencil skirt and suit coat. Deckard was in his uniform of a long tan trench coat. Overall the scene brought a mysterious but interesting look into Rachael and Deckard's relationship. This seems to relate to the rest of the movie because the whole movie seemed to always have a dark setting to it. It was never really daytime in any of the scenes just nighttime. 

The lighting was very dark until the end where there is a hint of light when the dove reaches the sky. It gave off a somber feeling in the beginning but when you saw the light it sort of brought a feeling of hope. The dialogue was strictly Roy talking the whole time. He used a strong, but soft voice that made him have a very big affect on how the mood was. The background music was a little weird but I think it went alright with the scene. It was pretty subtle and didn't overtake Roy when he was speaking but it still was a little odd. I think the audience's reaction was supposed to have everyone feel for Roy and give a somber ending to his life. I think that I could see a tear roll down Deckard's cheek but I have no clue due to the scene having rain pouring down throughout it. Overall it gave off a strong intense emotion and gave us a good view into the sensitive side of the movie. 

I think that the future for Rick Deckard would be him running off with Rachael and them moving into an apartment far away from Los Angeles. i picture them in Chicago in some kind of apartment finding a way to keep themselves hidden from being caught and Rachael being killed. I feel as if they would pick up new identities and live their lives as completely normal people with new jobs. I see Rachael being a secretary while Deckard seems like he would become a lawyer. They would go on to live their life and they wouldn't end up getting caught. They would live together until Rachael dies and then Deckard will move from place to place around the world to enjoy the rest of his life. 

My research question is What can we do to develop Biofeedback more thoroughly? My research seems to be starting off slowly because my topic seems to be a bit more difficult but overall I think everything will turn out okay. I haven't really found any solutions to my problem yet, but I feel as if Biofeedback needs to be looked at more thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment