Monday, September 13, 2010

A&B

The most interesting concept that I learned while reading Allyn & Bacon would be the the difference between a closed-form writing and an open-form writing. A closed-form type of writing seems to be more rule based and would deal with writing in a professional aspect while open-form type of writing seems to be more free and less rule based. From learning about this concept I learned that during my years writing I have done more open-form type writing. I also learned a lot about the structure of a paper and all the elements that go into writing a paper. The big one; thesis. Your thesis is your main point of the paper and the big aspect that as a writer you really need to focus on. To go along with your thesis you need to also focus on intriguing your readers and one way to do that would be to add "tension" to your thesis. This means that the reader is being pulled away from the "norm" and given a more surprising outlook on the thesis. My ideas about writing did not change at all. There is a lot of elements that go into writing a paper and reading A&B just enlightened me to a lot of them. It will definitely help me out with learning all these elements and will give me more tools on how to make the structure of my paper more organized and make more sense to my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment