Monday, September 20, 2010

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Something strange.

In the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? there seems to be a lot of things that interest me and come off strange, but the thing that startled me the most was the T.V. scenes. During that scene once the T.V. was shut off there was just cold silence. "And so for a minute I shut off the sound. And I heard the building, this building; I heard---"(Dick,2). Her husband responded with just the two words "Empty apartments". Throughout that conversation you could feel that the whole world had just seemed to turn into utter emptiness. It's scary to think that there is always so much going on around us that even the sound of one T.V. being turned off could bring such emptiness and loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment