Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chapter 11 A &B, something interesting

Something interesting in Chapter 11 would be that one of the reasons that writers write multiple drafts is to overcome the limits of short term memory. According to A&B, "Writing a draft captures these ideas from short term memory and stores them on a piece of paper". So that if you forget something during the first time you are writing a paper, you can always take another draft and put the forgotten information into that draft. Also doing more than one draft can help with problem areas and perhaps maybe you passed a problem in your first 2 drafts. The more the drafts, the better quality information you give out! It's interesting to me because I am usually hard-headed about some of the papers I write, so I believe that the paper sitting in front of me after one write with no drafts is completely fine. But after reading this I will be sure to put more effort into doing multiple drafts. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very informative. You did a great job summarizing. I am the same way about being hard-headed about the first rough draft I write! :)

    ReplyDelete